We’re all pro’s at handling Art Fairs at this point. But it’s always nice having reminders and learning new tips.
- Planning in advance – The earlier the better.
- Post Fair Planning – We often see many galleries arranging works going to the fair, but planning post fair is just as important and should be taken into account from the beginning.
- Assistance during the fair – It’s always a crunch after the fair is over: sales, packing up, figuring out how something is going to get to it’s new home, making your flight back. Being prepared with your shipper in real time (even on weekends) is vital to making that happen.
- LABELING – LABELING – LABELING – Make sure everything is labeled pre and post fair so there is no confusion. Clearly written (or printed) including your shipper’s info on each piece and the number of works for them.
- Local Phone Number – It can be difficult, but advisable that you have a local phone number to give to shippers / handlers. They will not always be able to reach an international cell phone number.